Fairness in Practice: Skills Development Workshop (Victoria & Richmond)
The Office of the Ombudsperson is offering staff of any provincial and local public authority two Fairness in Practice: Skills Development Workshop sessions:
- Wednesday, May 9, 2018 in Victoria
- Wednesday, June 20, 2018 in Richmond
Both workshops will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and are offered at no cost.
In the workshops, participants will explore the principles of administrative fairness and effective complaint handling for public service employees. Workshop topics include:
- The role of the B.C. Office of the Ombudsperson
- What administrative fairness is, and why it matters in public service
- Making and communicating decisions fairly and effectively
- Complaint handling and informal resolution tips
Advance registration is required as space is limited. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted to confirm your registration and be provided additional details about the workshop.
The Prevention Initiatives Program is a three-year pilot (2017-2020) that offers webinars, training workshops and individual consultation with public authority staff to support fairness and continuous improvement across the public sector. Our team has extensive experience in the application of administrative fairness principles in settings that range from policy development and program design to direct service delivery and complaint handling.